Managing Business for a Sustainable Society
Based on the three principles of “Happy Participation, Happy Coexistence, and Happy Change,” SK networks carries out social contribution activities to induce better changes within our Social Contribution. In addition to organizational activities for each business, we pursue voluntary social contribution activities by guaranteeing freedom to engage in volunteer activities for employees as well as expand our scope to entail partnerships with our stakeholders.
When SK networks seeks to run any social contribution, an internal review takes place after considerations are made on whether the activity is identified as social responsibility of large conglomerates and corresponds to the company’s identity (i.e., links with business/Social Contribution).
- Target-type probono1)
- Spot-type probono2)
- Increase the number of entities engaging in target-type probono program or the number/ratio of employees engaging in the program
- Link OF social contribution performance with BM
- Link social contribution performance with BM to a greater degree
1) Target-type probono: select social enterprises/social ventures relevant to SKN business model and provide comprehensive advisory services for about a year
2) Spot-type probono: match social enterprises in need of advisory services with SK people who have the corresponding skills to provide advisory services as needs arise
(available advisory services: management planning, marketing, legal counsel, financial/accounting, translation and interpretation, R&D, etc.)
In 2021, SK networks is running the "SK networks Social Contribution Package" with a goal to achieve 20 volunteer work hours per person. SK networks will accompany the Social Contribution's growth through sustained social contribution to maximize the happiness of the entire society.
Clearing the natural environment in neighborhood areas
Putting together dementia prevention kits, aid kits for less advantaged children, etc.
SK networks is engaging in the Matchup program, an online job qualification certification program for undergraduate students, jobseekers and employees who want to develop job skills required in the era of the 4th Industrial Revolution. SK networks identifies job skills required by the blockchain industry and assesses/certifies the capabilities of trainees to update its resource recruitment system.
|Year||Taken by (persons)||Completed by (persons)||Passed by (persons)*|
* The number of trainees who passed job capability certification tests conducted by program-participating business organizations on those who completed the Matchup program
(Certification procedure: on/offline test, presentation, demonstration, etc.)
2018 : 2 facilities supported (2 in Gyeonggi)
2019 : 5 facilities supported (2 in Seoul, 1 in Gyeonggi, 2 in others)
2020 : 4 facilities supported ( 1 in Seoul, 3 in others)
2021 : Signed an MOU with KAWCD1), planning to offer services to welfare centers in areas recommended by KAWCD (Suspended due to social distancing policy for COVID-19; we plan to resume service when the policy is eased)
1) Korean Association of Welfare Centers for People with Disabilities